Board Election 2018
It’s that time of the year when the Whittier Uptown Association (WUA) has their annual Board of Directors Election. This letter is to notify its members of the open positions for the three year term 2018-2021. Currently there are five (5) Board of Director positions available.
The requirements for the role of Director are:
- Serve and commit to a three (3) year term 2018 – 2021;
- Be a Member of WUA in good standing, current with business license & assessments;
- Understand the role of the Board as a governing body of WUA;
- Knowledge of Board positions, policies, and procedures;
- Attend monthly Board meetings, every 2nd Monday of the month;
- Participate on Committees though Chairmanship or active support of committees;
- Have a high level of integrity and professionalism in one’s conduct as a member of the Board;
- Maintain an open, positive, and inclusive communication with general membership;
- Understands the positon as a Board of Director is voluntary.
Interested members can fill out the attached Candidate Application, stop by our office, or download the form at www.whittieruptown.org/board-election-2018
Deadline to submit application is Thursday, February 15, 2018. We encourage any good standing member of the WUA to apply as a candidate for the Board of Directors.
If you have questions call our office at (562) 696-2662.
Board of Directors Candidate Application for 2018 Election Notification Letter To Members