Named one of Americas best places to live according to Livability.com. Whittier is ranked # 82 LivScore 586
About Whittier, CA:
- Median Household Income: $65,583
- Median Home Price: $421,900
- Top College: Whittier College
- Top High Ranking Hospital: PIH Health Hospital
- Many Options for Entertainment, Culture, Healthy Living, and Recreation
- Parks, Pools, Community Centers
- Pleasant, Year-Round Climate
- Cultural Amenities
- Economic Opportunities
- Robust City Economy
- Historic Uptown District
Top 100 Best Places To Live 2014
What makes a city livable? More importantly, what makes it livable for everyone? We searched the nation and partnered with Richard Florida’s Prosperity Institute to run the numbers to create our inaugural list of the Best Places to Live.
Livability.com explores what makes small to mid-sized cities great places to live, work and visit. We examine issues related to livability such as walkability, cultural amenities, transportation, urban planning, and sustainability through exclusive research and discussions on our blog. We celebrate the accomplishments of these cities through our monthly top 10 lists, our annual ranking of livable cities, our rich photography and our conversations with readers in social media.