WUA Coronavirus COVID-19 Resources
We encourage members to stay up-to-date with information from Federal, State and local resources regarding COVID-19 and to take all necessary precautions for your business and employees. Below is a list of resources.
California Department of Labor and Workforce
(scroll down to the grid to see what benefits your workers may be entitled to)
City of Los Angeles
LA is helping small business with
- Micro-loan Program for business impacted by COVID-19
- Eviction Moratorium for commercial tenants
California Employment Development Department (EDD)
EDD support for business (tax extensions, other program)
- Employers can receive 60-day extension for payroll taxes
- Employers can apply for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program if reduced production, services, or other conditions cause them to seek an alternative to layoffs
- If you operate a business and are planning closure or layoffs - A Rapid Response team is available to help avert layoffs, and provide onsite services to employers.
With the day to day changes, please visit EDD daily for the latest updates and information.
Click here for details on these programs and scroll down to the Employer section.
Loans and Other Financial Resources
California Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
US Small Business Administration (SBA)
You can also call SBA's Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 for more information.