Filming In Uptown
If you have an interest in filming in Uptown Whittier, The Whittier Uptown Association (WUA) is responsible for reviewing and requires approval prior to City issuing permits. The WUA help you facilitate your next successful project.
Uptown Whittier offers many qualities for filming, including:
- – Tree lined streets – San Francisco, California style
- – Alley ways
- – Parking
- – Historical buildings and features
- – Small town, community feel
Images of Uptown:
Recent Filming projects:
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – ABC.com – Go.com
Car chase along Bailey Street
Microsoft – New Nokia phone
Several areas interviewing people around Uptown
Glee – Fox Television Show
Several scenes along Greenleaf Ave. “The final episodes of the hit FOX series will be set back in Ohio after Rachel (Lea Michele) suffers a ‘humiliating failure’ as a TV actress and returns to her hometown only to learn that Sue (Jane Lynch) has disbanded the glee club,” said the release.
The City information: http://www.cityofwhittier.org/depts/pw/film.asp
Public works: (562) 567-9500
Business license: (562) 567-9860
All set, filming and strike down shall occur between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
The Whittier Uptown Association contact: Olivia Rios, Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit requests must be received within ten (10) business days of filming start date. Expedite request will be considered and may carry an additional surcharge.
To help facilitate your filming in Uptown Whittier, here are some steps consider
- – Sign off approval from all businesses that will be immediately affected
- – Sign off approval from all businesses that may be affected due to loss of business traffic to their establishment
- – List of signatures to be sent to filming Chair (or co-Chair) person
- – Plan of project to be sent to filming Chair (or co-Chair) person
- – Fees paid and sign off, approval from the WUA
- – Fees paid and sign off, approval from the City
Please call our office at (562) 696-2662 for additional information.
We are a non-profit organization and all permit funds are returned into the community in order to help improve Uptown Whittier. The Board of Directors which is made up by Uptown business owners, donate their time to aid the community.